In accordance with the HTTP Specification, the 410 status code in the response header indicates that the requested resource is gone (permanently removed).
- When deleting pages, posts, categories or tags from WordPress, the ultimate 410 status code will ask if a 410 response code should be set for the deleted URL.
- Add 410 URLs manually
- Add 410 URL schemes via regex (regular expressions)
- Bulk upload 410 URLs via csv-file.
- works even if the csv-file contains a BOM
If you come across any bugs or have suggestions, please use the plugin support forum.
Imagens de tela
Can I customize the 410 response message?
The default message is a simple plain text message that reads “410 – gone”. This is because many people want to minimize the bandwidth that is used by error responses.
If you want to customize the message, just place a template file with the name
410.phpin your theme folder, and the plugin will automatically use that instead. Take a look at your themes’
404.phpfile to see how the template needs to be structured.
Will this plugin work if a caching/performance plugin is active?
The plugin has been tested with the following caching plugins, and should work even if they are active:
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Super Cache
- Cache Enabler
- WP Rocket
We have not tested it with other caching plugins, and there is a high chance that it will not work with many of them. Most of them will cache the response as if it is a 404 (page not found) response, and issue a 404 response header instead of a 410 response header.
How do you handle trailing slashes?
The “Add URL” and the “Upload” functions consider the exact URL
/page-to-be-deleted/to be different from
Specify the exact URL that your site uses (with or without the trailing slash). If you want both URLs (with and without the / at the end) to return 410 gone status code, you can use regex like this
page-to-be-deleted/?or add both URLs as simple strings.
Colaboradores e desenvolvedores
“Ultimate 410 Gone Status Code” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Colaboradores
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registro de alterações
- fix pagination issue affecting other WP_List_Tables
- fix issue with deletion of regex that included backslashes
- fix WordPress database error: [Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes]