The plugin is designed to measure the height, width and margins of elements on the page during the preview when editing. It also shows the absolute and relative positions of elements.
In auto-correction mode, the program can automatically detect the borders of elements and correct inaccuracies in cursor positioning. Auto-correction occurs at the end of the measurement.
The plugin does not affect the appearance and html code of the page when its published.
Tested on browsers: Yandex v22.214.171.124, Google Chrome v85.0.4183.121, Opera v70.0.3728.189, Microsoft Edge v85.0.564.51, Firefox v78.0.2.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Open an existing page for editing or create a new one.
- Make a preview of the page.
- Move the cursor to an element.
- Press the “M” key on your keyboard to enable measurement mode.
- Use the left mouse button to measure. There are two possible ways:
measure from click to click;
tap and pull.
- Press the “M” key again to disable measurement mode.
press the “A” key on your keyboard to turn auto-correction mode on or off;
use the “Esc” key to remove unnecessary measurement elements from the screen.
Imagens de tela
Colaboradores e desenvolvedores
“Measuring Ruler” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de alterações
- Added a comma in the block data string.
- Added an auto-correction mode indicator next to the crosshair cursor.
- Added automatic correction of inaccuracies in setting the cursor on an element.
- Fixed flickering on the system cursor when you move it.
- Initial release