BackupWordPress was created by our friends at Human Made but is now under new ownership. We’re committed to opensource and WordPress and will provide free support for the many BackupWordPress fans.
We’ll make occasional updates to the free software – please send us any patches you’d like to see released here: https://github.com/orgs/xibodevelopment/
However, we’ll no longer be selling or supporting the paid add-ons (e.g. for backups to Dropbox and Google Drive). It’s certainly a good idea to backup to cloud storage to protect against server-wide risks.
For this we recommend UpdraftPlus WordPress Backups which can do things for free BackupWordPress Premium could do on a paid basis. Click here for full comparison.
BackUpWordPress will back up your entire site including your database and all your files on a schedule that suits you. Try it now to see how easy it is!
This plugin requires PHP version 5.3.2 or later
- Super simple to use, no setup required.
- Works in low memory, “shared host” environments.
- Manage multiple schedules.
- Option to have each backup file emailed to you.
mysqldumpfor faster backups if they are available.
- Works on Linux & Windows Server.
- Exclude files and folders from your backups.
- Good support should you need help.
- Traduções para o espanhol, alemão, chinês, romeno, russo, sérvio, lituano, italiano, checo, holandês, francês e basco.
Ajude a desenvolver esse plugin
The BackUpWordPress plugin is hosted on GitHub, if you want to help out with development or testing then head over to https://github.com/orgs/xibodevelopment/backupwordpress/
We’d also love help translating the plugin into more languages, if you can help then please visit https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/backupwordpress/dev/ to start translating.
Imagens de tela
- Install BackUpWordPress either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- Ative o plugin.
- Sit back and relax safe in the knowledge that your whole site will be backed up every day.
The plugin will try to use the
zip commands via shell if they are available, using these will greatly improve the time it takes to back up your site.
Onde o BackUpWordPress armazena os arquivos de backup?
Os backups são armazenados no seu servidor em
/wp-content/backups, você pode alterar a pasta.
Importante: Por padrão o BackUpWordPress faz backup de tudo na raiz do seu site, bem como seu banco de dados, isso inclui quaisquer pastas não-WordPress que estejam na raiz do seu site. Isso significa que seu diretório de backup pode ficar bastante grande.
E se eu quiser fazer o backup do meu site para outro lugar?
We no longer be sell or support the paid add-ons (e.g. for backups to Dropbox and Google Drive). It’s certainly a good idea to backup to cloud storage to protect against server-wide risks. For this we recommend UpdraftPlus WordPress Backups which can do things for free BackupWordPress Premium could do on a paid basis. Click here for full comparison.
Como eu recupero meu site a partir de um backup?
Você precisa baixar o último arquivo de backup, seja clicando em Download na página os backups ou via
Descompacteos arquivos e faça upload de todos os arquivos para seu servidor, substituindo o seu site. Você pode então importar o banco de dados usando sua ferramenta de gerenciamento de banco de dados no servidor (provavelmente o
O BackUpWordPress faz uma cópia do diretório de backups?
Não estou recebendo meus backups por e-mail
A maioria dos servidores tem um limite de tamanho para anexos de e-mail, isso geralmente é cerca de 10Mb. Se o seu backup está acima desse limite, então ele não poderá ser anexado ao e-mail. No entanto, você deverá receber em seu e-mail um link para baixar o backup. Se isso não está acontecendo, então você deve estar com algum problema no servidor de e-mail e precisa contatar o suporte do seu provedor de hospedagem para resolver isso.
Quantos backups são armazenados por padrão?
O BackUpWordPress mantém os últimos 10 backups por padrão.
Quanto tempo deve demorar um backup?
A menos que seu site seja muito grande (muitos gigabytes) deve levar apenas alguns minutos para realizar um backup, se o seu backup está em execução há mais de uma hora, é seguro assumir que algo deu errado. Tente desativar e reativar o plugin. Se isso continuar acontecendo, contate o suporte.
O que eu faço se eu receber a mensagem de erro do wp-cron?
O problema é que seu
wp-cron.phpnão está retornando uma resposta
200quando recebe uma solicitação HTTP proveniente do seu próprio servidor. Isso pode significar várias coisas e, na maioria dos casos, é um problema com o servidor / site.
Há algumas coisas que você pode testar para confirmar se este é o seu problema.
* Are scheduled posts working? (They use wp-cron as well.) * Are you hosted on Heart Internet? (wp-cron may not be supported by Heart Internet, see below for work-around.) * If you click manual backup, does it work? * Try adding `define( 'ALTERNATE_WP_CRON', true );` to your `wp-config.php`. Do automatic backups work? * Is your site private (i.e. is it behind some kind of authentication, maintenance plugin, .htaccess)? If so, wp-cron won't work until you remove it. If you are and you temporarily remove the authentication, do backups start working?
Como fazer o BackUpWordPress funcionar em Heart Internet
O script a ser inserido no Heart Internet cPanel é:
/usr/bin/php5 /home/sites/yourdomain.com/public_html/wp-cron.php(note o espaço entre php5 e o local do arquivo). O
wp-cron.phpdeve ser definido como
Meus backups parecem estar falhando?
If your backups are failing, it’s commonly caused by a lack of available resources on your server. To establish this is the case, exclude the complete (or parts of the) uploads folder and run a backup. If that succeeds, you know it’s probably a server issue. If it does not succeed, you can find further assistance on our support forums.
Further Support & Feedback
General support questions should be posted in the WordPress support forums, tagged with backupwordpress.
For development issues, feature requests or anybody wishing to help out with development checkout BackUpWordPress on GitHub.
Colaboradores e desenvolvedores
“BackUpWordPress” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de alterações
3.13 / 2022-02-23
- Security fix for heartbeat
- Correct spelling of Human Made
- PHP 8.0 compatibility
3.12 / 2022-01-27
- Updated to WP 5.9
3.11 / 2021-03-08
- Updated to WP 5.7
3.10 / 2019-06-12
- Fixed whitelist-html
3.9 / 2019-06-10
- Readme update
3.8 / 2018-11-01
- GNU Wording change
3.7.2 / 2018-10-29
- Check remove intercomm links
3.7.1 / 2018-09-11
- Fixed admin notices
3.7 / 2018-08-30
- Updated readme to reflect ownership changes
- Stripped out support and premium links
3.6.4 / 2016-06-02
- Various improvements to exclusion handling.
- Melhorias de i18n.
- Diversas melhorias na interface.
220.127.116.11 / 2016-12-14
- Fix issue where low disk space caused the admin interface to be unavailable
- Fix issue where admin notices were causing databases and error logs to fill up
- Improves file size calculations
- Improves remaining disk space calculations
- Improves file exclusion methods
- Misc admin interface improvements
- Misc code quality improvements and bug fixes
3.6.2 / 2016-08-02
- Improves admin performance.
- Improves security in internationalised strings.
3.6.1 / 2016-04-26
- Bug fixes/improvements in disk space calculation
- Misc bug fixes
3.6.0 / 2016-03-31
- Fix a bug caused by using a function incompatible with min PHP version requirements
- Misc code quality improvements and bug fixes
- Fix bugs in the code responsible for admin notices
- Display disk space info
- Uninstall cleanup
- Introduce a dedicated extensions page
3.5 / 2016-03-10
- Reduce duplication and improve code readability when echoing filesizes
- Improve how filesizes are handled in the Your Site list
- Switch to storing site size data in a file, large sites could cause database errors when saving the option
- Re-remove the PHP User and Group Requirements
- Check that the backup file exists before attempting to check it’s contents
- Only call getPerms on readable files to ensure we avoid a fatal error
- Ensure error are correctly check in verify_backup
- Use Symfony Process instead of shell_exec for all our system calls
- More unit tests
- Update dependencies
- Detect disabled functions defined in php.ini, now accounts for different separators.
3.4.5 / 2016-02-23
- Fix fatal error on upgrade
3.4.4 / 2016-02-23
- Ensure temporary files are correctly cleaned up before and after running a backup.
- Avoid killing site if plugin is active on PHP 52
- Allow custom secure key using filter
- Fixes a bug which caused the root path to the WordPress install to be miscalulated in certain setups.
- Fixes a bug which caused the root path to the WordPress install to be miscalulated in certain setups.
- Fix a bug where backups were not downloadable when WordPress installed in a subdirectory
- Remove the usage of
shell_execin two of our warning messages, fixes a PHP Warning on systems with it disabled.
- Improve how we handle
open_basedirrestrictions, fixes a PHP Warning on some systems. Adds unit tests to cover
- Show an error message if neither
PDO:mysqlare available. Database backups won’t work without at least one of them.
- Improve our upgrade code for users upgrading from pre version 2.0. Fixes a possible fatal error and ensures backups and backup settings are correctly brought forward.
- Fix a possible
PHP Warningin the Schedule Sentence.
3.4 / 2016/01/20
- Introduces a major re-factor of the underlying backups engine, many bugs fixed and much improved unit test coverage.
- Vastly improved Windows Server support.
- We no longer write errors and warnings to files on disk.
- Update to the latest version of
- Update to the latest version of
3.3.4 / 2015-12-10
- Fixes styling issues with WordPress 4.4
3.3.3 / 2015-11-13
- Fix broken Intercom support window
- Fixes Typos in i18n strings
- Backups finish faster
- Fix an issue that caused the site size to report as twice as large as it should
- Adds PHP mysqldump fallback lib (
3.3.2 / 2015-10-15
- Misc improvements
3.3.1 / 2015-10-12
- Fix false positive error message.
- Fix broken download links
3.3.0 / 2015-10-09
- Dropped support for PclZip
- Fixed duplicate cron schedule interval names ( props ucavus )
- Corrected some typos, grammar and punctuation ( props ucavus )
- Fixed a bug in the WP CLI command ( props duritong )
- Better message for wp-cron related errors
- Replace ‘bi-weekly’ with less confusing wording
- Fixed a few errors misc reported by code quality tool
- Total site size display now subtracts excludes
- Many general improvements and bug fixes
3.2.7 / 2015-07-27
- Passa o tipo do agendamento ao invés do ID do agendamento como contexto para os tamanhos calculados, é mais útil
- Simplesmente mostra arrays, ao invés de tentar bancar o esperto
- Começa a acompanhar a disponibilidade do PDO através do Intercom
- Captura alertas shell_exec do banco de dados e arquivos
- Teste no PHP 5.6 em Travis
- Usa o novo endereço de e-mail email@example.com em todos os lugares
- Esclarece como as pessoas pedem acesso ao Slack e GlotPress
- Reescreve nossas diretrizes de colaboração para serem mais detalhadas
- Adiciona instruções ao contributing.md
- Reverta o nome do plugin, pois ele não faz uma diferença nos resultados de pesquisa
- Sempre retorna um número inteiro
3.2.6 / 2015-06-09
- Corrige o slug da página de administração para multisite
3.2.5 / 2015-04-29
- Corrige um problema ao avaliar expressão com vazio
- Corrige um erro fatal no PHP 5.3
- Exibe outros avisos
- Atualiza tag estável
- Adiciona um pouco de escape e desinfecção
- Define o diretório de plugins para diferentes ambientes
- Adiciona testes para ganchos de ativação e desativação
- Adiciona uma função de depuração para testes
- Plug-in de Symlinks no diretório de testes
- Divide o código de desativação em funções separadas
- Corrige ganchos de ativação e desativação não sendo demitidos
- Excluir pasta de backups do cálculo de tamanho
- Corrige um parêntese incorreto
- Corrige o modo como as mensagens de erro são borbulhadas
- obter o caminho inicial deve retornar o valor definido
- Remove a instrução de exclusão redundante como as pastas CVS são excluídas por padrão
- Adiciona um parâmetro flag para permitir que get_files retorne todos os arquivos incluindo o padrão exclui
3.2.4 / 2015-04-01
- Corrige excluir padrão que era muito ganancioso.
3.2.3 / 2015-04-01
- Corrige o problema onde os arquivos ‘cache’ foram excluídos por padrão.
- Atualiza traduções em português brasileiro.
- Corrige o problema com o botão “não obrigado” nas melhorias do Support Modal e JS misc. Adereços SiamKreative.
3.2.2 / 2015-03-25
- Corrige o erro nos backups manuais, causado pelo número de versão do plugin incorreta na classe, que é usado para a versão do script JS.
3.2.1 / 2015-03-25
- Verifique se shell_exec está disponível antes de executar o comando
- Apenas validar o dia do mês se este for o tipo de agendamento
- Torne o FS opcional e corrija o método DB connect
- (Questão-770) Exclua a pasta, não o curinga
- (Questão-751) Renomear o plugin
3.2 / 2015-03-16
- (Questão-698) pular bug mySql
- Usa shell_exec
- Remover instrução de uso
- Reverter para usar shell_exec
- Remover Processo
- (cool-runnings-757) Adicionar de volta session_write_close
- (Questão-479) Esconder horas e minutos para backups de hora em hora
- (backupception) Carregar somente se o site principal em multisite
- (all-paths-lead-to-rome) Defina o caminho do plugin para o arquivo do plugin principal para evitar caminhos relativos
- (socket-to-me-one-more-time) Corrigir caminhos
- Usar soquete, se disponível
- Exibir erros
- Coloque o db dump no arquivo primeiro – corrige o problema com grande arquivo
- Não espere resposta
- Executar a programação como uma tarefa do Backdrop
- Passe a matriz diretamente para a função
- (Questão-759) Corrigir caminhos necessários
- verifique a versão do PHP antes de mais nada
- Mover a classe do plugin para o próprio arquivo
- Ignorar o erro de bug do mysql
- Excluir todas as opções de BWP
- Iniciar o processo
- Retornar e verificar WP_Error
- (what-time-is-backup) Extrair horas e minutos da data como uma matriz para exibição
- Alterar a descrição do plugin se multisite
- Usar wp_get_sites
- Adicionar um comentário
- Nós verificamos isto na instanciação do plugin
- Reverter para a programação de compensação e reprogramação
- Excluir horários e opções de sobra de subsites
- Certifique-se de que o plug-in só é executado no site principal
- Corrigir muitos horários
- Usar o processo do Symfony
- (fix-incorrect-type-error) O arquivo é um objeto SPL para obter caminho
- Definir raiz como parâmetro padrão
- Excluir transitório do backdrop
- Forçar o novo cálculo de tamanhos de diretório
- Definir VCS abbr
- Ocultar excluir padrões da lista Exclui.
- Verifique se o usuário pode se conectar
- Teste que o comando mysqldump funciona
- Adicionar um par de versões mysql
- Excluir automaticamente pastas VCS
- Calcular o tamanho da raiz corretamente
- Obter regras padrão do objeto de backup
- Não ignore automaticamente os arquivos de pontos
- Contagem excluída
- Sem contagem excluída
- Se a sua raiz, em seguida, devolver o seu tamanho diretamente
- Corrigir erro tipográfico em nomes transitórios
- Definir e devolver propriedade de classe em vez disso
- A lista padrão exclui como tal
- Exigir symfony finder
- Limpar transientes na desativação
- Obter lista de arquivos com o Finder
- Carregar pacotes de compositores
- Esses já estão filtrados
- Adiciona algumas exclusões padrão
- Uso do caminho absoluto para exclusão adicionado na interface
- Corrige testes
- Corrige condicional
- Corrige erro de sintaxe no travis YML
- Executa codesniffer somente em solicitações pull
- Atualizadas as versões do WP testadas
- Altera a versão mínima do WP necessária para coincidir com travis CI
- Corrige a colocação do histórico no readme
- Adicionar condição para o Cron e Ajax
- Corrige a lógica da desativação
- Fixes recursive exclusion of files
3.1.4 / 2015-02-24
- (upgrade-options) Bump version
- strtolower is redundant
- Upgrade routine – renames service settings to avoid backslashes.
- Use the Service name as the setting name
- Clear settings for schedule settings
- Fixes bug in displaying settings error notices
- Update version number
- Merge pull request #726 from humanmade/fix-fatal-error-missing-class-addons
- Leave bare minimum to avoid fatal error
- remove old main plugin class
3.1.3 / 2015-02-04
- Keep deprecated classes in a deprecated.php file to avoid Fatal Error in addons during upgrade.
3.1.2 / 2015-02-03
- (simplify-bwp-file-timestamp) Simplify the file name timestamp
- Fix class file name
- (fixup-setup-class) Add missing transients to uninstall routine
- switch Travis notifications to Slack instead of Hipchat
- Do not delete backups on uninstall
- wrap in parenthesis
- Fix include paths after moving uninstall to own file herpderp
- Update BackUp class include
- Add all cases to switch
- Pass scanned files sizes through conform_dir()
- Fix some classes and requires
- (origin/issue-684, issue-684) Fix namespaces
- Remove unnecessary wildcard from regex
- (crazy-refactor) Remove some duplication
- Fix Class name
- Blank line
- Uses a DirectoryIterator to delete files
- Remove tests for now
- Fix stable tag number
- Revert to using uninstall.php
- Add tests for uninstall and deactivate
- Remove double lie break
- Remove double line break
- Remove phpdocumentor
- We still need to require some scripts…
- We dont need to check for this constant in the hook callback
- Use get_col to directly have an array of schedule option names
- Remove namespacing
- Remove debugging
- Make the uninstall, activation and deactivation hooks work
- (change-singleton-implementation) Change the singleton implementation to not use the static() function
- path argument interfers with wp-cli path argument.
- Fix some scrutinizer issues, mostly major ones
- Consistent default name for database dumps
- Major 5.3 re-factoring fun
- Minor code formatting
- else if should be elseif
- Update the WP_CLI command to fix some issues
- Add support for copying and updating an existing backups
3.1.0 / 2015-01-13
- Correct $response1 variable
- (origin/issue-652, issue-652) Suppress warnings from filesystem functions
- Remove debugging function
- (origin/issue-475, issue-475) Fix a French string
- Format the intercom data better
- Load Intercom in the admin footer
- Fix some HTML issues
- Add a function that returns a given option value
- Return Unknown if no average exists or invalid
- Add a start parameter to function
- Pass in the start time as a parameter
- Make strings translatable
- Escape values
- Adds a function to track backup duration and another to display it
- Adds Average Backup Duration Info
- Improve display of arrays
- Fixes open_basedir warnings
- Replace spaces with tabs for indentation
- (wp-cron-test-improvements) Improve the reliability of the wp-cron test
- Pop in the directory sizes
- Adapt heartbeat pulse
- Update constant name
- Load the default translations so that activation error message is in user language
- Fix a few translatable strings
- Update French translations
- Re-uglify Intercom js
- Use provided callback argument to determine current screen
- remove deprecated code
- Only show notices on BWP admin page
- Fix class name
- Make function public for now
- Get an instance of BWP to load functions
- Corrige condicional
- Show admin notice if fails to meet requirements
- Remove unneeded function
- Fix references
- Refactor main class after addition of the Setup class
- Introduce a setup class
- Determine if we need to run a cleanup routine
- Introduce a custom hook for addons
- Refactor main plugin file into a singleton class
- Bring activation and deactivation into main plugin class
- css changes to fix support button alignment
- Fixes issue preventing backups from running without JS
- Remove back compat memory limit define
- Refactor HMBKP_Notices to support non-persistant notices
- Minor refactor for PHP minimum requirements notice
- Clear previous backup notices when running a new backup
- Fix issues with custom paths
- Improved singleton pattern
- Display errors in network admin
- Change to text input so multiple email address are supported
- Removes HTML tag from string
- Account for new schedule
- Make upsell sentence translatable
- fix return type
- Return true if transient exists
- Check if constant is defined
- Request the site size via heartbeat send
- Pass site size through heartbeat
- Only calculate if necessary
3.0.4 / 2014-12-10
- Simplify the backup count display
- Enqueue scripts properly
- Change how we check directory_sizes
- Add BackUpWordPress test case class
- Move class to separate file
- Group help tab display functions
- Update POT file
- Make strings ready for translation
3.0.3 / 2014-12-06
- Add French translations
- Update textdomain
- Fix deleted function
- Use HM_Backup function to determine if shell_exec is enabled
- Check if file is readable first
- Fix how we kick off Task
- Remove unused var
- Call recursive filescanner on admin page load
- Update package.json
- Update the POT file task params
- Replace hmbkp with backupwordpress as textdomain
- Exclude folders
- Add Grunt task options
- Remove hard line returns
- Display placeholder if exec fails
- Add 30 second time diff allowance
- Use $TRAVIS_BUILD_DIR
- we do this in travis.yml
- Regenerate github account info
- Update command to reflect function rename
- Update tests to reflect function name change
- Rename function
- Filter tests to run
- Fix group flags
- Calculate site size on page load
3.0.2 / 2014-12-02
- Bump version
- Add parenthesis to require_once
- Remove disk space info
- Attempt to fix build
- define WP_TESTS_DIR
- Make sure current_action fnction is loaded
- Remove extra slashes and semicolons
- Remove the custom webhook service
- Better default WP_TESTS_DIR
- move trailingslash calls out of the loop for performance
- Minor code cleanup
- Correct path for hm-backup so it’s tests are run
- add composer.lock
- Use scrutinizer code coverage
- add waffle.io badge
- Use up to date commands for coverage
- Add code rating
- Don’t test 5.2
- Update readme.md
- excluded_dirs is deprecated
- Update scrutinizer config
- Add composer config and dev dependencies
- Make PHPUnit generate an XML for coveralls
- Add scrutinizer config
- Ignore vendor dir
- Add a link to Help page
- Move to activation hook
- Bump up required WP version
- Escape all the things
- Save errors to a notices option
- Reload page on errors
- Remove script
- Remove unneeded class
- Check PHP version on plugins loaded
- Check PHP version on activate
- Update readme
- Set required version to 5.3.2
- Update tests
- Allow for a 30 second delta in asserting schedule time
- Use the new build env on Travis
- Restrict plugin to be network only
- Fix admin URL logic
- Update readme changelog
3.0.1 / 2014-11-20
- remove uneeded images
- latest hm-backup / fixes a serious bug in backups.
- Typos in v 3.0 changelog
- Specify POT filename in grunt task
- Update POT file
- Markdown readme
- Regenerate readme
- Add plugin headers
3.0 / 2014-11-14
- Refactor the recursive filesize scanner
- correct text domain
- Remove unneede statements
- reload the excludes filelist in the correct place when someone excludes a file
- Latest backdrop
- Regenerate minified CSS
- Regenerate minified JS
- Fix cancel backup action
- WordPress Coding Standards
- Exit early if incompatible version of WordPress
- Update translations
- Update changelog
3.0.0-beta / 2014-09-08
- Load minified CSS
- Biweekly wording
- Add missing period
- use nonce_url instead of manually adding the nonce query param
- close the settings form when done
- Design changes as per ticket
- Start tracking langauge in server info
- Right align the primary button in the enable support modal
- Re-factor the directory filesize code to use a single array instead of thoussands of transients
- Remove the warning that would show if you were using anything other than the latest stable, it’s no longer needed now that the FAQ is local
- switch to using a single transient to store directory filesize data
- Add an anchor link
- Add error message
- Rename function
- Prefix GET params
- Update exclude rule action
- Adds function for building admin action urls
- fix vertical scroll
- Adds some functions to manage settings form submission errors
- Rename nonce and action
- fetch errors to display
- Form submission handling for BWP and add-ons settings
- Use a new function that persists form submission errors to a transient
- None check
- Pass the nonce around in the ajax request
- Enable support action links
- Check nonces
- Modify action URLs to use the admin_post hook
- Remove unneeded code
- New line at end
- Use admin_post hook
- Display schedule start time in local timezone
- Add an action hook that gives access to consumers to the backup progress
- Update translatable strings POT file
- Bump version
- Update min WP version and tested up to
- accidently used dash instead of underscore
- namespaced option and added option to uninstall.php
- basic show/hide of premium upsell
- Fix incorrect transient expiry
- Show the spinner in the tab if a schedule other than the current is running
- Snip snip
- Switch to the PHP 5.2 compatible version of Backdrop
- Finish up support
- Brace up single line if’s and foreach’s
- Only load minified scripts and styles if WP_DEBUG isn’t on
- Load the minified css and js files by default
- Remove the combined css files as we only have one now. Stop loading colorbox.
- Remove colorbox
- More improvements
- Don’t die when directly running a backup on page load
- Re-factor the backup filesize calculation
- make capability filterable
- use core capabilities instead of custom
- Switch to Backdrop
- Fix typo in prefix
- Hook function onto admin_post
- Update delete link
- Bookmark current admin page for redirect
- Add custom capabilities and role
- Exclude BackUpWP by default
- Ignore the build folder
- Add more build excludes
- minify JS
- generate markdown readme
- minify css
- combine css
- regenerate readme
- Make links consistent for the grunt task
- Convert URLS to markdown
- Update lang files
- Add colorbox as bower dependency
- remove colorbox folder
- Remove colorbox submodule
- Change how we include FAQ
- Add readme partials
- Add package.json
- Add Gruntfile
- Add bower.json
- JSHint rules
- remove from ignore
- Update ignore list
- Add bower config
- Add FAQ strings
- Return the cached directory size early if we have it
- Re-factor the file browser scanner
- correct sprintf usage
- Handle saving service forms
- Codeing standards
- Move the error check outside of the foreach
- Remove uneeded $is_tab_visible
- Only show excludes for backups which include files
- Show destinations in the list of schedule links
- WordPress standard modal for enabling support
- Remove extra slash in include path
- Add a heading to the settings form
- More work on excludes
- Another todo
- Add some todos
- Don’t include the parent directory in a browsable list
- More work on Excludes
- Switch to only storing 3 backups by default
- More work on redesign
- commented out enable support button till we figure out what to do with it
- made tabs responsive below 639px
- More work on redesign
- Add more default excludes
- Correctly highlight the tab for the first schedule
- Switch to tabs instead of subsubsub
- First bash at a redesign settings UX
- Reverts a change to how the home path is calculated as it caused issues on installs where wp-config.php was stored outside of web root. Props to @mikelittle for the bug report.
- Bump minimum WP requirement to 3.7.3, the latest security release on the 3.7 branch.
- Fix an issues that could cause schedule times to fail to account for timezone differences.
- Add a nonce check to the schedule settings.
- Fix a possible JS warning when removing an exclude rule.
- Our unit tests now run in PHP 5.2 again.
- It’s now possible to choose the time and day that your schedule will run on.
- Introduces several new unit tests around schedule timings.
- Fixes a bug that could cause the hourly schedule to run constantly.
- Improved the layout of the Constants help panel.
- If the backup root directory is unreadable then the plugin will no longer function.
- Update the backups table match the standard WordPress table styles.
- Improved styling for the settings dialogue.
- Improved styling for the Server Info help tab.
- /s/back ups/backups.
- Remove Deprecated call to
- Updated French translation.
- Update the
WP CLIcommand to use the new method for registering command.
- Reload the schedules when re-setting up the default schedules so they show up straight away.
- Only show the estimated total schedule size when editing an existing schedule.
- Stop stripping 0 from the minutes on hourly backups so that backups at 10 (& 20, etc.) past the hour correctly show.
- Disable buttons whilst ajax requests are running.
- Move spinners outside the buttons as they didn’t look very good inside.
- Improve the detection of the home path on multisite installs which have WordPress in a subdirectory.
- Track the time that the running backup is started and display how long a backup has been running for.
- Fix an issue that meant it wasn’t possible to run multiple manual backups at the same time.
- Many other minor improvements.
- BackUpWordPress now requires WordPress 3.7.1 as a minimum.
- Remove some old back-compat code that was required because we supported older WP versions.
- It’s now possible to change the email address that notification emails are sent from using the
- The spinner is now retina!
- Close the PHP Session before starting the backup process to work around the 1 request per session issue. Backup status will now work on sites which happen to call
max_execution_timeand the BackUpWordPress Plugin version back to support. * Include the users real name in support requests
- Stop passing
$_SERVERwith support requests as it can contain things like
.htaccesspasswords on some server configurations.
- Improve the display of the server info in the enable support popup.
- New screenshots
wp_safe_redirectfor internal redirects.
- In WordPress Multisite the backups admin page is now located in Network admin instead of the wp-admin of the main site.
- Fixed an issue with the new intercom support integration that could cause loading the backups page to timeout
- Fixed 3 stray PHP warnings.
- BackUpWordPress will now always be loaded before any BackUpWordPress Extensions.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a long modal (excludes) to show underneath the WP admin bar.
- Add missing colorbox images
- Support for new premium extensions for storing backups in a variety of online services.
- Exclude the WP DB Manager backups and WP Super Cache cache directories by default.
- We now use Intercom to offer support directly from within the plugin, opt-in of course.
- More i18n fixes / improvements.
- We no longer show download links if your backups directory isn’t web accessible.
- Fix a bug that caused the plugin activation and deactivation hooks from firing.
- Correctly handle
MYSQL TIMESTAMPcolumns in database dumps.
zipare now correctly recognised on SmartOS.
- Schedule names are now translatable.
- Avoid having to re-calculate the filesize when a schedules type is set.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.8
- Correct version number.
- Fix a PHP strict error.
- Save and close as separate buttons.
- Fix bug that caused multiple notification emails.
- Fixes typo in database option name.
- Updated translations.
- Improve PHP docblocks.
- Make schedules class a singleton.
- Exclude popular backup plugin folders by default.
- Exclude version control folders by default.
- Fix broken localisation.
wp_redirectfor internal form submissions
- Replace Fancybox with Colorbox as Fancybox 2 isn’t GPL compatible.
- Use the correct
HMBKP_ATTACHMENT_MAX_FILESIZEconstant consistently in the help section.
- Correct filename for some mis-named translation files.
- Show the total estimated disk space a schedule could take up (max backups * estimated site size).
- Fix a typo (your -> you’re).
- Use the new time Constants and define backwords compatible ones for > than 3.5.
- Play nice with custom cron intervals.
- Main plugin file is now
- Add Paul De Wouters (
pauldewouters) as a contributor, welcome Paul!
- Don’t remove non-backup files from custom backup paths.
- Fix a regression where setting a custom path which didn’t exist could cause you to lose existing backups.
- When moving paths only move backup files.
- Make some untranslatable strings translatable.
- Don’t allow a single schedule to run in multiple threads at once, should finally fix edge case issues where some load balancer / proxies were causing multiple backups per run.
- Only highlight the
HMBKP_SCHEDULE_TIMEconstant in help if it’s not the default value.
- Remove help text for deprecated
- Default to allways specificing
mysqldumpto backup the database, can be disabled by setting the
- Silence a
mysql_pconnecthas been disabled.
- Ensure dot directories
..are always skipped when looping the filesystem.
- Work around a warning in the latest version of MySQL when using the
- Fix issues on IIS that could cause the root directory to be incorrectly calculated.
- Fix an issue on IIS that could cause the download backup url to be incorrect.
- Fix an issue on IIS that could mean your existing backups are lost when moving backup directory.
- Avoid a
PHP FATAL ERRORif the
- All unit tests now pass under IIS on Windows.
- Prefix the backup directory with
backupwordpress-so that it’s easier to identify.
- Re-calculate the backup directory name on plugin update and move backups.
- Fix some issues with how
- Fix a fatal error on PHP 5.2, sorry! (again.)
- Fix a parse error, sorry!
- Fix a fatal error when uninstalling.
- Updated translations for Brazilian, French, Danish, Spanish, Czech, Slovakian, Polish, Italian, German, Latvian, Hebrew, Chinese & Dutch.
- Fix a possible notice when using the plugin on a server without internet access.
- Don’t show the wp-cron error message when
WP_USE_ALTERNATE_CRONis defined as true.
- Ability to override the max attachment size for email notifications using the new
- Nonce some ajax request.
- Silence warnings created if
- Handle situations where the mysql port is set to something wierd.
- Fallback to
mysql_connecton system that disable
- You can now force the
--single-transactionparam when using
- Unit tests for
- Silence possible PHP Warnings when unlinking files.
- Stop storing a list of unreadable files in the backup warnings as it’s too memory intensive.
- Revert the custom
RecursiveDirectoryIteratoras it caused an infinite loop on some servers.
- Show all errors and warnings in the popup shown when a manual backup completes.
- Write the .backup_error and .backup_warning files everytime an error or warning happens instead of waiting until the end of the backups process.
- Fix a couple of
- Catch more errors during the manual backup process and expose them to the user.
- Don’t repeatedly try to create the backups directory in the
- Show the correct path in the warning message when the backups path can’t be created.
- Include any user defined auth keys and salts when generating the HMBKP_SECURE_KEY.
- Stop relying on the built in WordPress schedules as other plugins can mess with them.
- Delete old backups everytime the backups page is viewed in an attempt to ensure old backups are always cleaned up.
- Improve modals on small screens and mobile devices.
- Use the retina spinner on retina screens.
- Update buttons to the new 3.5 style.
- Fix a possible fatal error caused when a symlink points to a location that is outside an
- Fix an issue that could cause backups using PclZip with a custom backups path to fail.
- Security hardening by improving escaping, sanitizitation and validation.
- Increase the timeout on the ajax cron check, should fix issues with cron errors showing on slow sites.
- Only clear the cached backup filesize if the backup type changes.
- Add unit tests for all the schedule recurrences.
- Fix an issue which could cause weekly and monthly schedules to fail.
- Add an
uninstall.phpfile which removes all BackUpWordPress data and options.
- Catch a possible fatal error in
- Fix an issue that could cause mysqldump errors to be ignored thus causing the backup process to use an incomplete mysqldump file.
- Fix a regression in
2.1.2that broke previewing and adding new exclude rules.
- Fix an issue that could stop the settings panel from closing on save on servers which return
'0'for ajax requests.
- Fix an issue that could cause the backup root to be set to
/on sites with
homeset to different domains.
- The mysqldump fallback function will now be used if
mysqldumpproduces an empty file.
- Fix a possible PHP
NOTICEon Apache servers.
- Fix a possible fatal error when a backup schedule is instantiated outside of wp-admin.
- Don’t use functions from misc.php as loading it too early can cause fatal errors.
- Don’t hardcode an English string in the JS, use the translated string instead.
- Properly skip dot files, should fix fatal errors on systems with
- Don’t call
apache_mod_loadedas it caused wierd DNS issue on some sites, use
- Fix a possible double full stop at the end of the schedule sentence.
- Minor code cleanup.
- Stop blocking people with
safe_mode = Onfrom using the plugin, instead just show a warning.
- Fix possible fatal error when setting schedule to monthly.
- Fix issues with download backup not working on some shared hosts.
- Fix issuses with download backup not working on sites with strange characters in the site name.
- Fix a bug could cause the update actions to fire on initial activation.
- Improved reliability when changing backup paths, now with Unit Tests.
- Generate the lists of excluded, included and unreadable files in a more memory efficient way, no more fatal errors on sites with lots of files.
- Bring back .htaccess protection of the backups directory on
- Prepend a random string to the backups directory to make it harder to brute force guess.
- Fall back to storing the backups directoy in
- Attempt to catch
E_ERRORlevel errors (Fatal errors) that happen during the backup process and offer to email them to support.
- Provide more granular status messages during the backup process.
- Show a spinner next to the schedule link when a backup is running on a schedule which you are not currently viewing.
- Improve the feedback when removing an exclude rule.
- Fix an issue that could cause an exclude rule to be marked as default when it in-fact isn’t, thus not letting it be deleted.
- Add a line encouraging people to rate the plugin if they like it.
- Change the support line to point to the FAQ before recommending they contact support.
- Fix the link to the “How to Restore” post in the FAQ.
- Some string changes for translators, 18 changed strings.
- Fix possible warning on plugin activation if the sites cron option is empty.
- Don’t show the version warning in the help for Constants as that comes from the current version.
- Re-setup the cron schedules if they get deleted somehow.
- Delete all BackUpWordPress cron entries when the plugin is deactivated.
- Introduce the
HMBKP_SCHEDULE_TIMEconstant to allow control over the time schedules run.
- Make sure the schedule times and times of previous backups are shown in local time.
- Fix a bug that could cause the legacy backup schedule to be created on every update, not just when going from 1.x to 2.x.
- Improve the usefulness of the
wp-cron.phpresponse code check.
- Use the built in
site_formatfunction for human readable filesizes instead of defining our own function.
- Revert the change to the way the plugin url and path were calculated as it caused regressions on some systems.
- Fix issues with scheduled backups not firing in some cases.
- Better compatibility when the WP Remote plugin is active alongside BackUpWordPress.
- Catch and display more WP Cron errors.
- BackUpWordPress now fails to activate on WordPress 3.3.2 and below.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
- Only send backup failed emails if the backup actually failed.
- Turn off the generic “memory limit probably hit” message as it was showing for too many people.
- Fix a possible notice when the backup running filename is blank.
- Include the
wp_errorresponse in the cron check.
- Fix fatal error on PHP 5.2.
- Ability to have multiple schedules with separate settings & excludes per schedule.
- Ability to manage exclude rules and see exactly which files are included and excluded.
- Fix an issue with sites with an
- Backups should now be much more reliable in low memory environments.
- Lots of other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Updated and improved translations across the board – props @elektronikLexikon.
- German translation – props @elektronikLexikon.
- New Basque translation – props Unai ZC.
- New Dutch translation – Anno De Vries.
- New Italian translation.
- Better support for when WordPress is installed in a sub directory – props @mattheu
- French translation props Christophe – http://catarina.fr.
- Updated Spanish Translation props DD666 – https://github.com/radinamatic.
- Serbian translation props StefanRistic – https://github.com/StefanRistic.
- Lithuanian translation props Vincent G – http://www.Host1Free.com.
- Romanian translation.
- Fix conflict with WP Remote.
- Fix a minor issue where invalid email address’s were still stored.
- The root path that is backed up can now be controlled by defining
- Fix issue with backups being listed in reverse chronological order.
- Fix issue with newest backup being deleted when you hit your max backups limit.
- It’s now possible to have backups sent to multiple email address’s by entering them as a comma separated list.
- Fix a bug which broke the ability to override the
shell_execas it’s supported cross platform.
- Updated Spanish translation.
- Fix a minor spelling mistake.
- Speed up the manage backups page by caching the FAQ data for 24 hours.
- Fix backup path issue with case sensitive filesystems.
- Fix an issue with emailing backups that could cause the backup file to not be attached.
- Fix an issue that could cause the backup to be marked as running for ever if emailing the backup
- Never show the running backup in the list of backups.
- Show an error backup email failed to send.
- Fix possible notice when deleting a backup file which doesn’t exist.
- Fix possible notice on older versions of
PHPwhich don’t define
- BackUpWordPress should now work when
- Don’t show warning message as they cause to much panic.
- Move previous methods errors to warnings in fallback methods.
.htaccessrewrite rules in if
- Add link to new restore help article to FAQ.
- Fix issue that could cause “not using latest stable version” message to show when you were in-fact using the latest version.
- Bug fix in
zip commandcheck that could cause an incorrect
zippath to be used.
- Detect and pass
- Don’t fail archive verification for errors in previous archive methods.
- Improved detection of the
- Fix issues when
- Remove reliance on
SECURE_AUTH_KEYas it’s often not defined.
error()for issues reported by
- Fix download zip on Windows when
ABSPATHcontains a trailing forward slash.
- Send backup email after backup completes so that fatal errors in email code don’t stop the backup from completing.
- Add missing / to
- Catch and display errors during
PHPerrors as backup warnings not errors.
- Only show warning message for
PHPerrors in BackUpWordPress files.
- Ability to dismiss the error / warning messages.
- Disable use of
PclZipfor full archive checking for now as it causes memory issues on some large sites.
- Don’t delete “number of backups” setting on update.
- Better handling of multibyte characters in archive and database dump filenames.
- Mark backup as running and increase callback timeout to
500when firing backup via ajax.
- Don’t send backup email if backup failed.
- Filter out duplicate exclude rules.
- Fix fatal error on PHP =< 5.3
- Fixes issue with backups dir being included in backups on some Windows Servers.
- Consistent handling of symlinks across all archive methods (they are followed).
- Use .htaccess rewrite cond authentication to allow for secure http downloads of backup files.
- Track errors and warnings that happen during backup and expose them through admin.
- Fire manual backups using ajax instead of wp-cron,
HMBKP_DISABLE_MANUAL_BACKUP_CRONis no longer needed and has been removed.
- Ability to cancel a running backup.
- Zip files are now integrity checked after every backup.
- More robust handling of failed / corrupt zips, backup process now fallsback through the various zip methods until one works.
mysql_queryinstead of the depreciated
- Better handling of unreadable files in ZipArchive and the backup size calculation.
- Support for wp-cli, usage:
wp backup [--files_only] [--database_only] [--path<dir>] [--root<dir>] [--zip_command_path=<path>] [--mysqldump_command_path=<path>]
- Better detection of
- Don’t delete user settings on update / deactivate.
zipis not available, still falls back to
- Better exclude rule parsing, fixes lots of edge cases, excludes now pass all 52 unit tests.
- Improved the speed of the backup size calculation.
- Re-written core backup engine should be more robust especially in edge case scenarios.
- 48 unit tests for the core backup engine, yay for unit tests.
- Remove some extraneous status information from the admin interface.
- Rename Advanced Options to Settings
HMBKP_CAPABILITYto allow the default
add_menu_pagecapability to be changed.
- Suppress possible filemtime warnings in some edge cases.
- 3.3 compatability.
- Set proper charset of MySQL backup, props valericus.
- Fix some inconsistencies between the estimated backup size and actual backup size when excluding files.
- 1.4 was incorrectly marked as beta.
- Most options can now be set on the backups page, all options can still be set by defining them as
- Russian translation, props valericus.
- All dates are now translatable.
- Fixed some strings which weren’t translatable.
- New Constant
HMBKP_DISABLE_MANUAL_BACKUP_CRONwhich enable you to disable the use of
wp_cronfor manual backups.
- Manual backups now work if
DISABLE_WP_CRONis defined as
- Spanish translation
- Bump PHP version check to 5.2.4
- Fallback to PHP mysqldump if shell_exec fails for any reason.
- Silently ignore unreadable files / folders
- Make sure binary data is properly exported when doing a mysqldump
- Use 303 instead of 302 when redirecting in the admin.
set_time_limitinside a loop
- Use WordPress 3.2 style buttons
- Don’t pass an empty password to mysqldump
- Check for PHP version. Deactivate plugin if running on PHP version 4.
- Re-written back up engine, no longer copies everything to a tmp folder before zipping which should improve speed and reliability.
- Support for excluding files and folders, define
HMBKP_EXCLUDEwith a comma separated list of files and folders to exclude, supports wildcards
*, path fragments and absolute paths.
- Full support for moving the backups directory, if you define a new backups directory then your existing backups will be moved to it.
- Work around issues caused by low MySQL
- Add FAQ to readme.txt.
- Pull FAQ into the contextual help tab on the backups page.
- Block activation on old versions of WordPress.
- Stop guessing compressed backup file size, instead just show size of site uncompressed.
- Fix bug in
safe_modedetection which could cause
Offto act like
- Better name for the database dump file.
- Better name for the backup files.
- Improve styling for advanced options.
- Show examples for all advanced options.
- Language improvements.
- Layout tweaks.
- Show live backup status in the back up now button when a back up is running.
- Show free disk space after total used by backups.
- Several langauge changes.
- Work around the 1 cron every 60 seconds limit.
- Store backup status in a 2 hour transient as a last ditch attempt to work around the “stuck on backup running” issue.
- Show a warning and disable backups when PHP is in Safe Mode, may try to work round issues and re-enable in the future.
- Highlight defined
- Show defaults for all
- Show a warning if both
HMBKP_DATABASE_ONLYare defined at the same time.
- Make sure options added in 1.1.4 are cleared on de-activate.
mysqldump onWindows if it’s available.
- New option to have each backup emailed to you on completion. Props @matheu for the contribution.
- Improved windows server support.
- Fix a rare issue where database backups could fail when using the mysqldump PHP fallback if
mysql.max_linksis set to 2 or less.
- Don’t suppress
mysql_connecterrors in the mysqldump PHP fallback.
- One time highlight of the most recent completed backup when viewing the manage backups page after a successful backup.
- Fix a spelling error in the
- Store the BackUpWordPress version as a
Constantrather than a
(float)the BackUpWordPress version number, fixes issues with minor versions numbers being truncated.
- Minor PHPDoc improvements.
- Attempt to re-connect if database connection hits a timeout while a backup is running, should fix issues with the “Back Up Now” button continuing to spin even though the backup is completed.
- When using
PCLZIPas the zip fallback don’t store the files with absolute paths. Should fix issues unzipping the file archives using “Compressed (zipped) Folders” on Windows XP.
- Fix a bug that stopped
- Fix a possible
max_execution_timeoutfatal error when attempting to calculate the path to
- Clear the running backup status and reset the calculated filesize on update.
- Show a link to the manage backups page in the plugin description.
- Other general fixes.
- Remove the logging facility as it provided little benefit and complicated the code, your existing logs will be deleted on update.
- Expose the various
Constantsthat can be defined to change advanced settings.
- Added the ability to disable the automatic backups completely
define( 'HMBKP_DISABLE_AUTOMATIC_BACKUP', true );.
- Added the ability to switch to file only or database only backups
define( 'HMBKP_FILES_ONLY', true );Or
define( 'HMBKP_DATABASE_ONLY', true );.
- Added the ability to define how many old backups should be kept
define( 'HMBKP_MAX_BACKUPS', 20 );
- Added the ability to define the time that the daily backup should run
define( 'HMBKP_DAILY_SCHEDULE_TIME', '16:30' );
- Tweaks to the backups page layout.
- General bug fixes and improvements.
- Don’t ajax load estimated backup size if it’s already been calculated.
- Fix time in backup complete log message.
- Don’t mark backup as running until cron has been called, will fix issues with backup showing as running even if cron never fired.
- Show number of backups saved message.
- Add a link to the backups page to the plugin action links.
Don’t throw PHP Warnings when
shell_exec is disabled
Minor bug fix release.
filesize()warnings when calculating backup size.
- Plugin should now work when symlinked.
- Remove all options on deactivate, you should now be able to deactivate then activate to fix issues with settings etc. becoming corrupt.
- Call setup_defaults for users who update from backupwordpress 0.4.5 so they get new settings.
- Don’t ajax ping running backup status quite so often.
1.0.1 & 1.0.2
Fix some silly 1.0 bugs
1.0 represents a total rewrite & rethink of the BackUpWordPress plugin with a focus on making it “Just Work”. The management and development of the plugin has been taken over by [Human Made the chaps behind WP Remote
Version 0.4.5 and previous were developed by wpdprx