Get your events displayed in a customizable list wherever you need them, with The Events Calendar Shortcode and Block! This plugin fully integrates with The Events Calendar Plugin (free version) by Modern Tribe.
This plugin adds a shortcode and a WordPress block for use with The Events Calendar WordPress Plugin (by StellarWP, formerly Modern Tribe).
Display a list of your events by either adding a block in the new editor, or adding a shortcode to any post, page, or widget.
Here’s a quick video showing you what you can do:
If you need extra design and functionality, Get The Events Calendar Shortcode Pro! The Pro version offers seven designs, additional filtering options, and full control over how your events display.
You get the same full integration with The Events Calendar, plus premium support, show multiple shortcodes on one page, and it works with any WordPress theme.
Trusted by 20,000+ WordPress sites and a 4.5 star rating on WordPress.org, The Events Calendar Shortcode and Block is the solution you’ve been after 🙂
How to use The Events Calendar Shortcode
You can use the shortcode or block to add a list of your events, filtered by various options. Here’s an example of how you’d show the next 8 events in the category festival:
[ecs-list-events cat="festival" limit="8"]
You can also filter the events in the shortcode and choose from the following options:
- Category: show events from specific categories.
- Number of events: choose the number of events to show.
- Event order: Order in which your events are shown (latest first or last).
- Event dates: Show or hide the date.
- Event venue: Show or hide the venue.
- Event excerpt: Show or hide the event excerpt, and set an excerpt length.
- Event content details: Change the order the event details are displayed.
- Thumbnail: Show or hide a thumbnail image.
- View all events link: Choose whether to include a “view all events” link or not.
- Events from a specific month: show only events from specific months (including current or next month).
- Previous events: Show previous events.
- Hide started events: Hide events when their start time passes.
This gives you full control over how your events are displayed, and is perfect for non-profits, charities, businesses, conferences, and anyone with a WordPress website showing events.
You’ll find a full list of how to use these options in the shortcode below in the plugin’s FAQs or on our documentation page.
With Pro, choose your design and get even more control
The Events Calendar Shortcode Pro adds extra designs, including a true calendar view, compact and column-based designs, and advanced features like events grouped by day.
Plus, get advanced control over how your events display:
- Events in the next week: Show events happening in the next X days, for example tomorrow, next week, or next month.
- Only specific days: Show only events on specific days.
- Display events by location: Choose to show events by city, state, or country!
- Only featured events: Show only events you mark as featured.
- Full event description: Show the full event description, instead of just a short excerpt.
- Only show start time: Just show the start time of your event.
- Hide recurring events: Only show the first instance of a recurring event.
- Filter bar: Allow visitors to choose what events they want to see.
- Pagination: Let visitors view additional pages of events.
- Custom design: Create your own templates, or use one of the seven built-in options.
- Plus much more: check out The Events Calendar Shortcode Pro details here.
The Events Calendar Shortcode Pro is ideal for non-profits, charities, businesses, conferences, developers, and WordPress agencies who need the extra control and support straight from the plugin developer. Check it out here.
Who’s using The Events Calendar Shortcode?
William Penn University is a private liberal arts university located in Oskaloosa, Iowa. The university offers more than 20 majors through seven academic divisions, with a focus on leadership, technology, and inspired potential. As an institution that hosts various events throughout the year, William Penn University needed an efficient way to display and manage its event calendar on its website. The university chose to implement The Events Calendar Shortcode plugin to streamline event management and improve the overall user experience.
The university decided to use The Events Calendar Shortcode plugin, which integrates seamlessly with The Events Calendar WordPress Plugin. The plugin allows the university to display a list of events using a shortcode or a WordPress block. This makes it easy for technical and non-technical users to add events to the website without any coding knowledge.
365Austin is a popular website that curates and shares the best events, activities, and experiences in Austin, Texas. With a comprehensive event calendar, the platform aims to make it easier for locals and tourists alike to discover and participate in exciting events happening in the city. To improve event management and user experience, 365Austin chose to implement The Events Calendar Shortcode plugin on its website.
CREST (Center for Research in Economics and Statistics) is a renowned research center that brings together researchers from various fields, including economics, finance, sociology, and statistics. To facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing among its members and the wider academic community, CREST hosts various seminars, workshops, and conferences. A comprehensive event calendar on the CREST website plays a crucial role in keeping researchers informed and engaged.
Each event listing includes essential information such as the title, date, time, speaker, and a brief description of the topic. The calendar is designed to be user-friendly and easily accessible, allowing researchers to stay informed about upcoming events relevant to their fields of interest.
The full list of options you can use can be found on our documentation page.
We also have a full course on setting up The Events Calendar, our The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block plugin, and more: Getting Started Promoting Events with The Events Calendar plugin for WordPress
If you have any other questions about the plugin, you can post a thread in the WordPress.org forum. If you’re looking for premium, personalized support, consider upgrading to The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block Pro.
Still have a question? You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This plugin is not developed by or affiliated with The Events Calendar WordPress plugin or Modern Tribe in any way.
Imagens de tela
Este plugin disponibiliza 1 bloco.
- The Events Calendar Block Display your events from The Events Calendar
Install The Events Calendar Shortcode Plugin from the WordPress.org repository or by uploading the-events-calendar-shortcode folder to the /wp-content/plugins directory. You must also install The Event Calendar Plugin by Modern Tribe and add your events to the calendar.
Ative o plugin pelo menu Plugins no WordPress
Se você ainda não tem o The Events Calendar (o calendário no qual você adiciona seus eventos), você será notificado a fazer sua instalação.
You can then add The Events Calendar Block or
[ecs-list-events] shortcode to the page or post you want to list events on. Full list of options available in the documentation.
What are the shortcode and block options for customizing my events?
Here’s the full list of shortcode and block options you can use to customize how your events display:
- Shortcode básico:
- cat – Exibe eventos de uma única categoria
[ecs-list-events cat='festival']ou defina várias categorias separadas por vírgulas
[ecs-list-events cat='festival, workshops']
- limit – Número total de eventos a exibir. O padrão é 5.
- order – Ordem na qual os eventos são exibidos. O valor pode ser ‘ASC’ para ascendente ou ‘DESC’ para descendente. O padrão é ‘ASC’. A ordem é baseada na data do evento.
- date – Para exibir ou ocultar a data. O valor pode ser ‘true’ para exibir ou ‘false’ para ocultar. O padrão é ‘true’.
- venue – Para exibir ou ocultar o local do evento. O valor pode ser ‘true’ para exibir ou ‘false’ para ocultar. O padrão é ‘false’.
- excerpt – Para exibir ou ocultar o resumo do post e definir o seu tamanho. O padrão é ‘false’.
[ecs-list-events excerpt='true']//exibe o resumo com 100 caracteres
excerpt=’300′ //exibe o resumo com 300 caracteres
- thumb – Para exibir ou ocultar a imagem do evento. O padrão é ‘false’.
[ecs-list-events thumb='true']//exibe a imagem destacada do evento nas dimensões padrão de miniatura nas configurações de mídia.
- thumbsize – Specify the size of the thumbnail.
[ecs-list-events thumb='true' thumbsize='large']
- thumbwidth / thumbheight – Customize the thumbnail size in pixels
[ecs-list-events thumb='true' thumbwidth='150' thumbheight='150']
- message – A mensagem exibida quando não há eventos. O padrão é ‘Não há novos eventos no momento.’
- viewall – Define se exibe o link ‘Ver todos os eventos’ ou não. Use ‘true’ para exibir ou ‘false’ para ocultar. O padrão é ‘true’
[ecs-list-events cat='festival' limit='3' order='DESC' viewall='false']
- contentorder – Gerencia a ordem do conteúdo usando vírgulas. O padrão é
title, thumbnail, excerpt, date, venue.
[ecs-list-events cat='festival' limit='3' order='DESC' viewall='false' contentorder='title, thumbnail, excerpt, date, venue']
- month – Show only specific month (in YYYY-MM format). Type
'current'for displaying current month only or
'next'for next month.
[ecs-list-events cat='festival' month='2021-06']
- past – Exibe eventos que já aconteceram.
[ecs-list-events cat='festival' past='yes']
- key – Hide events when the start date has passed
[ecs-list-events cat='festival' key='start date']
- orderby – Change the ordering to the end date
With The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block Pro you also get the following options:
- design – Shows improved design by default. Set to ‘standard’ for the regular one, ‘compact’ for a more compact listing, ‘calendar’ for a monthly calendar view, ‘columns’ to show a horizontal/columns/photo view, or ‘grouped’ to group events by day
- days – Specify how many days in the future, for example
[ecs-list-events days="1"]for one day or
[ecs-list-events days="7"]for one week
- tag – Filter by one or more tags. Use commas when you want to filter by multiple tags.
- id – Show a single event, useful for displaying details of the event on a blog post or page
- location (city, state/province, country) – Display events by location. Use commas when you want to include events from multiple (ie. country=’United States, Canada’)
- description – Use the full description instead of the excerpt of an event in the listing
- raw_description – Avoid filtering any HTML (spacing, links, bullet points, etc) in the description
- raw_excerpt – Avoid filtering any HTML (spacing, links, etc) in the excerpt
- featured only – Show only events marked as “featured”
- date – Show only events for a specific day
- year – Show only events for a specific year
- date range – Show only events between certain days
[ecs-list-events fromdate='2021-05-31' todate='2021-06-15']
- timeonly – To show just the start time of the event.
- offset – Skip a certain number of events from the beginning, useful for using multiple shortcodes on the same page (with ads in between) or splitting into columns
- custom design – Create one or more of your own templates for use with the shortcode
- filter bar – Allow the user to filter the events shown in the full calendar design (ie. by category, state/province, country, venue, etc)
- hiderecurring – Para exibir apenas a primeira ocorrência de um evento recorrente, defina como ‘true’
- Shortcode básico:
Can I use this plugin to list my events using the new WordPress 5.0 editor (Gutenberg)?
Yes! There is now a block to list your events anywhere in a page or post, just click “+” in the top-left and search for The Events Calendar Block (under Common).
Como eu uso o shortcode num widget?
You can put the shortcode in a text widget (as of WordPress 4.7). If a regular text widget doesn’t work, put the shortcode in a Visual Editor Widget.
Quais são as classes de CSS para estilizar a lista de eventos?
By default the plugin does not include styling. Events are listed in ul li tags with appropriate classes for styling with a bit of CSS.
- ul class=”ecs-event-list”
- li class=”ecs-event” and “ecs-featured-event” (if featured)
- event title link is H4 class=”entry-title summary”
- date class is time
- classe do local é venue
- span .ecs-all-events
- p .ecs-excerpt
Want a better looking design without knowing any CSS? Check out The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block Pro
Como eu incluo a lista de eventos num modelo de página?
Coloque isso no modelo onde você deseja que a lista de eventos apareça.
How do I include a monthly calendar view instead of a list?
The pro version of the plugin has the option to put
design="calendar"in the shortcode (or pick Calendar as the design with the block) to show a calendar view of the events you want.
Colaboradores e desenvolvedores
“The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Colaboradores
“The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block” foi traduzido para 3 localizações. Agradecemos aos tradutores por suas contribuições.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registro de alterações
- Adding required file
- Removing support for very old PHP versions
- Ratings notice
- Fix translations for “There are no upcoming events” and “View all events” since The Events Calendar 6.x
- Fix warning message on the Widgets page
- Fix saving the thumbnail settings when using the block
- Reducing permission requirement for instructions page (Author)
- Fix broken settings page link
- Fix for month=”next” when near the end of a month
- Initial workaround for styling issues for the block in the new full-site editor
- Fixes missing categories in the block if many categories available on the site
- Adding div when there are no events found, to avoid display issues on some themes
- Updating block script dependencies
- Adds link to full documentation and short walk-through video
- Developers: Adds additional param to the ecs_start_tag filter with the number of events
- Fix for using order=’DESC’ to order events in descending order by event date, with the latest version of The Events Calendar (by Modern Tribe)
- Adds block description
- Compatibility fixes with Divi
- Disables the new WP editor block if Cornerstone page builder is active due to incompatibilities
- Additional check if wp_set_script_translations exists (not with the Gutenberg plugin)
- Tweaks to handling of default values in the block
- Adds a block in addition to the shortcode that can be used with the new WordPress editor (as of version 5.0) or Gutenberg plugin