The plugin addresses common RSS compatiblity issues publishers experience when using the Google News Publisher Center, including:
- Incomplete articles
- Duplicate images
- Missing images or media
- Missing content (usually social media/Instagram embeds)
- Title errors (missing or repeated titles)
- Cached RSS feeds causing slow updating
- Delayed crawling by Google
After installing, click on the ‘Dashboard’ under GN Publisher on your plugins page for additional information about applying and troubleshooting issues related to the Google News Publisher Center.
New in 1.5.1
Added New feature for content scraping protection.
New in 1.4
Refreshed UI and improved assets usage . Added Support Form .
New in 1.0.9
GN Publisher now displays the time of the most recent ping and feed fetch from Google. This helps when troubleshooting the dreaded ‘empty sections’ issue in the Google News Publisher Center.
New in 1.0.6
GN Publisher now pings Google when feeds are updated. This can help with faster updates in your Google News Publication.
GN Publisher is a standard WordPress plugin and can be installed and activated through your WordPress admin section. Just search for GN Publisher in the WP plugins repository and install and activate.
GN Publisher may also be downloaded to your computer and uploaded, installed, and activated through your WP Admin plugins section.
- PHP 5.4 or greater is required, PHP 7.2 or newer is recommended
- This plugin is compatible with all MySQL versions supported by WordPress
How can I get help with this plugin?
If you need help with the plugin or anything related to the RSS feeds that are created, please ask on the official WordPress GN Publisher plugin support forum.
Google News turned my site down, where can I get help with that?
If you need help because your site has been turned down by Google, or you need other help related to the Google News Publisher Center, please ask for help on the official Google News Publisher Help Forum.
Colaboradores e desenvolvedores
“GN Publisher: Google News Compatible RSS Feeds” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Colaboradores
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registro de alterações
1.5.1 – 2022-09-22
- Stopping people from Stealing content from publishers #4
1.5 – 2022-09-12
- Fix for Feed URL contains subdirectory in path #7
- Fix for Loading script on all admin dashboard pages #9
1.4.2 – 2022-09-09
- Fix for “Most Recent Update Ping Sent” always “None recorded”
1.4.1 – 2022-09-09
- Fix for fatal errors on php 8+ on setting page
- Fix for tabs not working
1.4 – 2022-09-09
- UI Improvements
- Added Help & support form
- Improved assets and readme
1.3 – 2021-04-15
- Removed Freemius
- Reverted a redirect change
1.2 – 2021-03-18
- Optimize image replacement feature
- Update for PHP 8 compatability
1.1 – 2020-11-29
- Fix for some doubled images not being caught
- Fix for some permalink examples on info page
- Added Freemius opt in
1.0.9 – 2020-08-24
- Added timestamp for most recent ping
- Added timestamp for most recent fetch
- Bug fix for pubdate timezone
- Expanded troubleshooting section
- Added refresh (cached) Pub Center articles upon activation
1.0.8 – 2020-05-25
- bug fix for pre 5.3 versions of WP
- fix for Yoast compatiblity
- fix for Monster Insight compatability
- Bug fix for Instagram embeds
- Removed time restriction on posts incld in feeds
1.0.7 – 2020-04-23
- Bug fixes affecting pre 5.3 versions of WP
1.0.6 – 2020-04-23
- Added google websub notification
1.0.4 – 2020-04-06
- Syncing up version info
1.0.3 – 2020-04-06
- Disabled select rss plugins from altering this feed
1.0.2 – 2020-04-02
- Adjustments to featured image handling
- Added cache disabling
- Added GN Publisher to generator tag
- Removed default feed option in settings
- Added explicit feed urls on settings page
1.0.0 – 2020-03-10
- This is the first release of GN Publisher