Front-End Users is a WordPress plugin that prevents specified user roles from accessing the WordPress admin section (the pages in /wp-admin/), sets up a profile editing page on the front-end, and allows for customization of front-end user-specific pages. This allows you to hide all of the WordPress back-end from specified roles (e.g. Subscribers) and instead present to them a profile editing page (and, optionally, other user-specific pages) that have the same layout as the rest of the site. The front-end functionality is available to all roles, but you can choose which roles are able to access the WordPress admin section (by default, only Administrators have access to it).
Front-End Users also makes it easy to:
- Display user-specific links that depend on the login state (e.g. “Sign in | Register”, “John | Sign out”, “John | Dashboard | Sign out”)
- Change the URL of the profile editing page and other user-specific pages
- Add other user-specific pages and display a menu of all of some of these pages
- Determine whether the current user has access to the admin section
The documentation for the hooks is in example_hooks.php, and the documentation for the functions is in functions.php.
If the User Avatar plugin is also installed, the avatar-editing functionality it provides will be shown on the front-end user settings page.
If you’d like to grab development releases, see what new features are being added, or browse the source code please visit the GitHub repo.
Imagens de tela
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Make sure that Pretty Permalinks are enabled and working
- Where should I go for support questions or to ask for a new feature?
Please feel free to either add a topic in the WordPress forum or contact me through GitHub for any questions about Front-End Users:
Não existem avaliações para esse plugin.
Colaboradores e desenvolvedores
“Front-End Users” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduzir “Front-End Users” para o seu idioma.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Navegue pelo código, dê uma olhada no repositório SVN ou assine o registro de desenvolvimento via RSS.
Registro de alterações
- Added a switch that allows custom profile fields added by plugins and themes to show up in the default public settings view
- Added an exception to the admin URL rewrite to correct the admin profile form’s action