The Internet Defense League is an online activist group organized to defend your online freedoms. When a bill is threatening to pass that would inhibit the way you live your online life, they put up the Cat Signal, a way to collectively black out or put notices on a large number of websites simultaneously.
Some of the events supported by this plugin:
About the plugin
At first glance, it may appear that the plugin isn’t doing anything because you don’t have a banner or a modal window. Don’t panic!!! What this means is that all is safe in Gotham and the Cat Signal has not been activated (read: there probably isn’t an active IDL campaign running). To keep up to date on Internet Defense League campaigns, I recommend signing up for their mailing list (ed. note: I’m not affiliated with them at all, I’m just your friendly neighborhood internet activist). Once you’re on the list, you’ll get emails when they’re about to launch a campaign.
Imagens de tela
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- This plugin isn’t updated often. Did you abandon it?
The Cat Signal plugin is what could be considered “complete software”. There’s nothing else that needs to be done. There are no new features it needs, it does only one thing and nothing else, it’s just done. The only thing that I would be doing with each update is editing the readme file to change the version of WordPress it’s been tested up to and that’s not particularly high on my list of priorities, unfortunately.
- How do I know if it’s working?
If you’re savvy, you can check the HTML source of your site and check that either the
modal.jsis loading. If it is, you’re good to go, and the banner or modal window will work automagically when the IDL launch a new campaign.
?_idl_test=1test URL is no longer supported, sadly.
Colaboradores e desenvolvedores
“Internet Defense League Cat Signal” é um software com código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin.Colaboradores
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registro de alterações
- Tested on WordPress 5.0
- Removed banner option (no longer used)
- Compatibility bump
- Added FAQ
- Remove http check from js code
- Tweaked js
- Updated readmes
- version bump, no major changes
- removed Stop the Secrecy option
- removed the idl_test (temporarily, see developer thread)
- tested with WordPress 4.0
- added plugin icon
- fixed the fatal error on activation for PHP < 5.3
- added widget for Stop the Secrecy campaign. May be used later for other campaigns.
- fixed banner/modal bug (saved option was getting stripped in the validation function)
- moved IDL banner locally
- fixes validation
- Fixed open
- added an option to define where the alert appears
- added link to test that the script is working
- Changed how the validation pulled the options
- Added validation function
- Initial release.